Together, the families involved in our preschool make it a safe and nurturing place to learn and explore. They also literally make it run. We rely on our families to work in and outside of the classroom to support the Coop.
All families are required to do the following:
- Work in the classroom based on the level of tuition they choose
- Work 1-5 hours/week doing a specific “preschool job.” (There are about 30 jobs, addressing a wide variety of needs for various interests/talents.)
- Attend all 4 All School Meetings.
- Work on one committee associated with your preschool job (fundraising, school projects, budget, health & safety, hiring & review)
- Participate in one, 4-hour Saturday Cleaning per year
- Participate in fundraising activities
- Returning parents mentor new parents
ACP also strives to provide opportunities to enrich parents’ lives through continuing education. Some workshops involve children & parents, while others are meant for parents only. Whenever possible we will provide childcare.
Topics might include:
- CPR certification
- How to Never, Ever YELL at your child
- Finding Tranquility with your Preschooler
- Kindergarten Options in Anchorage
- Bringing Music Into Your Young Child’s Life
- Dealing with Defiance
- Sibling Rivalry
- Time for yourself – How important is it?
- Financial Planning for Your Family
- Babysitters – Taking the First Step